Cosmetic Development Chemist
Working as part of our growing technical team, visualising and developing innovative, exciting and outstanding bath and body skincare and haircare products as well as extracts for our niche brand clients.
Working directly with clients and in-house team in taking project briefs from concept through to launch.
Managing the entire NPD process from client brief through laboratory to commercial production.
Ensuring through continuous research that we are always seeking out new trends and raw materials and developing products to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients.
Our ideal candidate will be degree qualified in either chemistry or science (Cosmetic Science would be ideal). We would expect at least 2 years’ experience working in the new product development field and a real interest in new and innovative raw materials and techniques.
This is a challenging and varied technical role within a dynamic and growing business. You will also be involved in ensuring our quality and productivity standards are met and that we continue to exceed our GMP certification requirements.
This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday (usually 08h30 to 17h00), based at our factory near Hadleigh in Suffolk.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible with an early start date. Salary dependent on experience.
Creating formulation samples of cosmetic products (skin-care, hair-care, toiletries, body & bath care, sun-care) and herbal extracts.
- Preparing, tracking and managing all product stability/compact testing, challenge testing and claim substantiation testing.
- Managing the preparation of all technical documents (PIP, product & raw material specs, MSDS’, stability reports).
- Prepare samples for clients.
- Document data concisely
- Assist in scale-up issues and trouble-shooting within manufacturing.
- Source suppliers and samples of raw materials.
- Ensuring all formulation information and results are recorded accurately to ensure full trace ability and reporting finds to the team as well as clients.
- Liaising with Technical team, Manufacturing and Client liaison team on a daily basis to ensure all aspects of product development requests issued meet deadlines. Lead and manage the Technical team.
- Liaising with external testing houses, safety assessors, raw material suppliers and clients to ensure projects progress smoothly.
- To provide regulatory/compliance advice on all new and existing ranges. To ensure compliance of raw materials, finished products and labelling in line with specialist cosmetic regulations and chemical regulatory standards.
- Assisting in product QC when required – inspecting materials and ensuring that they meet the quality standards specified. Finished product sampling and testing.
- Working under GMP, GLP and Health and Safety guidelines.
- Managing general good housekeeping of the laboratory and associated areas.
- Ensuring through continuous research that we are always seeking out new trends and raw materials and developing products to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients.
- a solid academic background preferably supported by a diploma in Cosmetic Science
- at least 2 years experience in a new product development environment
- a real interest in new and innovative raw materials and techniques
- ability to communicate with people across all levels.
- self motivated, flexible and confident in dealing with other team members
- able to work under time pressure and meet tight deadlines
- good odour discrimination and colour matching skills
How to Apply
Please apply by e-mail including your CV and a covering letter which lets us know why you are the right person to join our team.
The e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org