This is an opportunity for a multi-skilled maintenance engineer to work in a successful, highly dynamic, clean, and innovative cosmetic manufacturing business with a diverse range of plant and equipment.
The role covers all planned and emergency maintenance of plant, machinery and property across our site. No two days are the same and you will need to be highly flexible and well organised. We manufacture a wide range of bespoke and premium quality bath and body skincare and haircare products as well as extracts for our niche brand clients. We use a variety of specialised mixing and filling equipment and the necessary ancillary plant to produce some really exceptional products. Quality and innovation are key to this process.
Working directly with our senior team and co-operating with other colleagues you will be tasked with ensuring our equipment achieves high uptime levels and is maintained to a high standard. You will need to be confident in dealing with suppliers and contractors when required. Planning and executing our preventative maintenance programs as well as dealing with unplanned emergency repairs is a key part of the role. You will also ensure that we carry the necessary spare parts and manage that inventory.
Health and Safety standards need to be maintained and improved as part of your day to day activities. You will be part of our GMP and ISO 14001 team and contribute to our continuous improvement program.
You will also be involved in training operators to use equipment correctly and perform daily checks as well as advising on settings and operational techniques.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has a solid background in mechanical/electrical factory maintenance and has worked in a busy production environment for several years.
This is a challenging and varied hands-on engineering role within a dynamic and growing business. You will also be expected to contribute to ensuring our quality and productivity standards are met and that we continue to exceed our GMP and ISO certification requirements.
This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday (usually 08h30 to 17h00), based at our factory near Hadleigh in Suffolk.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible with an early start date. Salary £27 000 – £30 000 per annum.
- Strict adherence to preventative maintenance schedules.
- Develop, improve and implement maintenance schedules and systems.
- Emergency repairs to plant, equipment and property as required.
- Evaluate breakdowns with a view to future prevention.
- Following company policy regarding GMP and Health and Safety procedures.
- Participate in site surveys and improvement programs.
- To work flexibly between the various manufacturing departments and occasionally assisting in other departments on site.
- Work either alone or with other team members depending on the particular task allocated.
- Attending training courses as and when required.
- Maintain quality and production documentation and adhere to our quality standards at all times.
- Working under GMP,COSHH, RIDDOR and Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ensuring general good housekeeping and tidy, safe working practices.
- Successful candidate will be a multi-skilled engineer with good all round technical knowledge within a manufacturing environment.
- A solid technical background and preferably 5 years experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance in production environments.
- Organised and pro-active with excellent communication skills at all organisational levels.
- Good numeracy skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to analyse and solve engineering issues are important.
- Experience working in a ‘clean’ environment under Good Manufacturing Practice and within our ISO standards.
- Self motivation, excellent time management and the ability to work under pressure to keep manufacturing running.
- Ensuring we maintain all our equipment to ensure continuity of production and exceptional quality standards of our finished products.
- Due to location you will need your own Transport to enable you to get to work.
How to Apply
Please apply by e-mail including your CV and a covering letter which lets us know why you are the right person to join our team.
The e-mail address is